gnuplot persist does not work using Emacs comint

From: Alex van der Spek
Subject: gnuplot persist does not work using Emacs comint
Date: 16 Dec 2013 08:05:35 GMT

May be this is more a gnuplot issue. But the gnuplot news group is silent
about this issue. I do have gnuplot mode working but not using it here.

~/$ gnuplot -p -e 'plot x'

Does indeed bring up a terminal which persists.

The same when run from a bash shell inside emacs works fine too.

But when executing this as a comint process, i.e. using Emacs as the
shell script editor and running the shell script it does not. The plot is
generated and disappears immediately.

I am relatively new to Emacs. Perhaps I am just trying things too
difficult for me at this stage. Not quite sure what comint is to begin
with.

Thoughts? All help welcome.
Alex van der Spek