Re: .emacs poser

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: .emacs poser
Date: 19 Dec 2013 22:24:37 GMT

Jambunathan K wrote:
> Joost Kremers <joost.m.kremers@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Every new buffer starts out without an input method, so you need to do
>> `C-\` first.
>
> If you do a
>
>    M-x set-language-environment
>
> either interactively or in your .emacs, then you can switch between
> input methods with just C-\.

I set the variable default-input-method in my init.el, which allows me
to do the same thing. The point is that if you create a new buffer, it
doesn't have any input method. I have to hit C-\ first to select the
default one.

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)