Re: Colorizing 'emacs-lisp' when it is exported?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: Colorizing 'emacs-lisp' when it is exported?
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 18:33:51 +0000

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:24:11 +0100
Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> writes:
>
> > Thanks to auntie google I've found out how to keep the
> > formatting of elisp on export to html using
> > #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp' at the beginning of the code
> > block, and '#+END_SRC' at the end. Whilst its in .emacs
> > its nicely colorized, but how do I colorize the output
> > when its been exported please? For once, google has
> > drawn a blank, unfortunately!
>
> Do you want to write HTML, but sometimes yank Elisp
> code, and you would like the Emacs code to keep its
> font-lock (and perhaps other properties as well)?

No, I'm not writing html, I'm exporting from org2blog.

> That is, this will matter to you, at *editing* time, as
> a homepage creator?

No editing time, just 'publishing time'.

> Is this something you do for school or is it a
> documentation project with Elisp examples and so forth?

I'm afraid my school days are over fifty years ago, so its hardly
appropriate.

> I never did that, but check out those pages [1]
> [2]. They mention mmm-mode, multi-mode, MuMaMo-mode,
> org-mode, and more, though again, I have no experience
> of those.
>
> [1]
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/42521/how-can-i-use-two-modes-in-emacs-markdown-and-auctex
> [2] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleModes

Yes, I'm using org-mode, but primarily org2blog in this case, but
thanks, I will have a look at the urls you gave.

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Registered Linux user 561944