Re: why not "stripes" in: (let ((zebra 'stripes) ... ; strings vs symbol

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Re: why not "stripes" in: (let ((zebra 'stripes) ... ; strings vs symbols?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 19:00:51 -0700

    The only thing I can think of that I saw in other
    languages and not in Lisp is *pattern matching*:
    branching straight off the functions' heads, like it is
    possible to do (and a very common practice) in
    languages like Erlang, SML, and Haskell. But I suppose
    it could be implemented as a Lisp macro if you really
    cared for it.

For what it's worth, you might find Shen interesting --

    shenlanguage.org

>From the "Shen in 15 Minutes" page:

(define factorial
  0 -> 1