Re: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edi

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edited file
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 23:05:59 +0100

Dnia 2014-01-06, o godz. 03:06:47
Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> napisaƂ(a):

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:
>
> > I'm afraid that you are mistaken here.  I guess they
> > are not "neurotic", but just normal.  In other words,
> > this is how human beings work...  And I don't find it
> > very sad, either, though maybe a bit amusing.
>
> If they do too much of those sites, if they are not
> neurotic, they will be soon enough.

Maybe this is a good point...

> Just because we do computers, doesn't mean we *are*
> computers, and we will never be, thank god.

I guess that we might be both right here.  I have very little
experience with StackOverflow, and much more with TeX.StackExchange,
and now I recall that I find the latter much, much friendlier
(especially toward newbies).  I'm not sure whether cases of downvoting
I've seen ran into two digit numbers, for instance.  Also, closing
questions is a very rare situation.  And after looking at a few
discussions on SO, I was appalled by the nastiness of some comments...

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University