Re: Using VC

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Using VC
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:08:37 -0500

On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:28:04 -0500 Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

>> The VC command C-x v v claims to cycle through the appropriate actions
SM> That was somewhat true back in the days of RCS (where there were
SM> basically only 2 actions: checkout and checkin), then a bit less in the
SM> days of CVS, and nowadays it's completely untrue since the set of
SM> appropriate actions possible at a given time is much larger than 1.

I think some form of "git push" should at least be offered as a choice.

Scenario:

repo is clean and ahead of remotes "origin" and "core"

I use `C-x v v'

Right now it does nothing.

It should, IMHO, offer three choices (and a way to cancel, of course):

"Push"
"Push to origin"
"Push to core"

I know there are many possible paths, but with Git you tend to use those
two paths (push + push to a specific remote) pretty often after a commit.

Ted