Re: Fwd: Stray CR chars everywhere

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fwd: Stray CR chars everywhere
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:06:05 +0200

> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 23:56:37 -0800
> From: Eric Fowler <eric.fowler@gmail.com>
> Cc: emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
> Linux, Fedora. Not sure which version of Emacs, latest MS Windows version.

I'm confused: you are running an MS-Windows version of Emacs on
Fedora?

Anyway, "M-x emacs-version RET" will show the version you are
running.  Please show what it says.

> Buffer windows show ^M chars ... anything emacs produces. 'Make' output,
> for instance.

So this is an issue when Emacs displays text produced by programs it
invokes?  What if you visit a file, do the ^M characters show up then?

Also, what is displayed by the following command?

  M-: default-process-coding-system RET