Re: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edi

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edited file
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:49:43 +0000 (UTC)

Andrey Tykhonov <atykhonov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Great! I'll add this code snippet to the README. It makes howdoi much more
> usable. How do you think: may be it would be good idea to integrate this
> code with howdoi? Of course in case of helm availability.

You can add the helm source definition to howdoi and a function
howdoi-helm query which in the first lines requires the needed
helm packages and the calls helm with howdoi.

If the user has helm installed then it works seamlessly and if
he doesn't then he'll get an error message saying helm cannot be
loaded, so he knows helm should be installed.

> Also in general transformed answers looks much more
> better then before. (I keep going without any third party
> dependencies).

According to the first line of this emacswiki page emacs 24.4
has a html renderer built-in. You could check its availability
and fall back to your own solution if it's not available:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HtmlRenderingā€ˇ

I haven't tried it, but I guess it covers a lot of cases which
can occur in HTML docs.