Re: Trying to right-align my window on startup

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: Trying to right-align my window on startup
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 01:24:34 -0800 (PST)

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 8:15:05 PM UTC+5:30, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
>
> > But (IMHO) too many people ignore Customize, often because they've
> > gotten the impression somehow that it is for non-Lispers or wimps.
>

> I just hate its UI.

If a first year student of mine cannot distinguish data and code (s)he'd get an
F grade. customize does that.  Proof of that is that it throws random crud at
my init file when I am not looking.  Mostly I get away by keeping the custom
file as its very exclusive garbage dump.  But with all my care it still
occasionally stomps my (ie my init's) toes.

So no customize is not written for wimps, its written by wimps

Of course if Drew is saying that customize is good for *exploring* options, I
agree.