Re: My humble additions to AUCTeX

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: My humble additions to AUCTeX
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:57:20 +0100

Dnia 2014-01-13, o godz. 15:47:46
Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> napisaƂ(a):

> > Also, I want to level up the word commands to token-aware commands.
>
> That'd be a mistake.  In Emacs, a "word" is not a "token".

Could you elaborate on this?  IMHO, both "word" and "\token" are
somehow word-ish in a LaTeX file.  And to clarify: I want my word
commands to act normally *unless* the point is on a token starting with
a backslash, and only then treat it as a word.  Does that sound better?

> For those people who prefer symbol-navigation over word-navigation,
> Emacs-24.4 offers superword-mode.  And indeed, it would be nice to
> make superword-mode understand TeX's notion of "symbol".

Thanks, I'll definitely look into it, though I'm using Emacs 24.3 now.

>         Stefan

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski