Re: Trying to right-align my window on startup

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Trying to right-align my window on startup
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 18:57:06 +0100

Dnia 2014-01-14, o godz. 01:24:34
Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):

> On Saturday, January 11, 2014 8:15:05 PM UTC+5:30, Juanma Barranquero
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
> >
> > > But (IMHO) too many people ignore Customize, often because they've
> > > gotten the impression somehow that it is for non-Lispers or wimps.
> >

> > I just hate its UI.
>
> If a first year student of mine cannot distinguish data and code
> (s)he'd get an F grade. customize does that.

How lucky that John McCarthy was not your student...

No offence, just could not resist a (maybe lame) joke.  I agree that the
distinction may be important.  My logic professor used to say: "What
does it mean that a mathematician *identifies* two things?  It means,
first of all, that he *distinguishes* them."  Maybe it's similar here.

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University