session.* files (was: In defense of Customize)

From: gottlieb
Subject: session.* files (was: In defense of Customize)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:32:38 -0500

On Tue, Jan 14 2014, Drew Adams wrote:

> No, it is Emacs that does that, by not requiring (or even
> encouraging) the use of `custom-file', and by telling Customize to
> put code in your init file by default.  That is a not-so-wise design
> decision about how Emacs uses Customize.  It is not the fault of
> Customize if Emacs tells it to write to your init file.

Thank you Drew for this advice.  I looked into custom-file and now my
.emacs.d/init.el is not changed by emacs and is considerably smaller.

I then tried to clean-up .emacs.d by having all the zero-length
session.* files put somewhere else.  I looked for session in the manual
but all I found was references to desktop-save-mode, which I am not
using.  How can I have all the session.* files written to a different
directory, say ~/.emacs.d/session-files

> I hardly think that Per Abrahamsen is a wimp, wrt Lisp or Emacs,
> at least.  http://www.emacswiki.org/PerAbrahamsen

+1

thanks in advance,
allan