Re: C-<digit> key bindings not working on console

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: C-<digit> key bindings not working on console
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:00:34 +0100

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Both things do not work for me anymore working without X11 on the
>> console, although most of the usual C- and M- bindings in Emacs do
>> work?  Is that a general problem or a specific problem related to my
>> configs?
>
> I can confirm that C-<digit> is not recognized on the linux console,
> M-<digit> however is.  But I also don't know it it's a general
> limitation.

yes, M-<digit> works but I use that already to select windows with
`window-numbering'

,-------------------------------------------------------------------
| M-2 runs the command select-window-2, which is an interactive Lisp
| function in `window-numbering.el'.
|
| It is bound to M-2.
|
| (select-window-2 &optional ARG)
|
| Select the window with number 2.

which is very convenient.

I always thought that the M- bindings are more problematic than the C-
bindings on a console (in fact they are sometimes presented as
alternatives for not working M- bindings iirc), so I'm a bit surprised.

--
cheers,
Thorsten