Re: In defense of Customize [was: Trying to right-align my window on sta

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: In defense of Customize [was: Trying to right-align my window on startup]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:23:07 -0500

FWIW, I agree to a large extent with Christoph's criticism.

I'd be happy to see improvement in this area.

I think a good way to improve this area is to work on making it easier
to write Elisp customizations.  E.g. provide new functions/macros to make
the most common kinds of customization easier.

I guess that would mean things like "function to change a key-binding in
major mode foo" where that function takes care of delaying the
key-binding until that time where the major mode's map is
actually defined.  Part of the difficulty is to make these things "clean
and robust".

        Stefan