Re: can I understand wich .emacs I'm using?

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: can I understand wich .emacs I'm using?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:20:29 -0800 (PST)

On Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:24:01 AM UTC+5:30, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> Renato writes:

> > emh...and I can I show this variable? :-(

> M-x ielm RET user-init-file RET

When you do that you should get (something like) the following

-------------------
*** Welcome to IELM ***  Type (describe-mode) for help.
ELISP> user-init-file
"/home/renato/.emacs.d/init.el"
ELISP> user-emacs-directory
"~/.emacs.d/"
ELISP> (getenv "HOME")
"/home/renato"
ELISP> (getenv "USERPROFILE")
nil
ELISP>

In any case please check the above 4 things -- 2 variables and 2 getenv -- on
both linux and windows and report back.

[And yes, M-x means Escape followed by x, or Alt and x together like Shift and
A together which gets you a capital A. And dont ask why the unintuitive name
like M- for that!