A terminal emulator for running emacs

From: Prasoon Shukla
Subject: A terminal emulator for running emacs
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 01:17:31 -0800 (PST)

I know that sounds absurd. But that's something I need.

So, I use this small netbook for some of my work. It has kubuntu installed,
which I like quite a bit. The problem is that the emacs GUI is looks horribly
broken, even after some tweaks. However, emacs works great in the terminal.
And, I prefer working in a terminal with a bunch of tabs rather than a bunch of
open windows. But that's just me.

Anyway, this brings the usual problems  with it. For example, 'C-.' is detected
by emacs as '.' only. Similarly for many other cases.

Things work nicely in xterm though. But then again, I don't really like xterm
(no tabs unless you use screen, looks rather bad). So, what's a good terminal
emulator that can capture keystrokes like xterm but other usual terminal
features? I tried guake. It doesn't capture keystrokes.

Thanks.