RE: Autocomplete for Objective-C

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: Autocomplete for Objective-C
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:51:56 +0000

Germán,

You might consider looking at CEDET/EDE/Semantic. I'm hardly an expert, but it
has some very good tools for different languages.

WRT tags: Tags let you jump to a symbol's definition (and back again). It's
very useful, but doesn't address your explicit question. To use etags with
Objective C, I would go to the root of your source tree and type:
    $ etags $(find . -type f -name '*.m')
M-. will ask you for a tag (or use the symbol at point if you want). The first
time you use it, it will ask you for a TAGS table. Just give it the root
directory of your source tree.

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

Of course, shells have one feature that no other language has: subshells.