Re: accessing gmail mails without download them to my disk

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: accessing gmail mails without download them to my disk
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:52:14 -0500

> I want to read the gmail mails inside emacs, but I don't want to download
> them to my computer.  What is the best way to do it?

Of course, any message you look at will have to be downloaded.
Depending on your MUA (and its configuration) the message may be stored
locally to avoid future re-downloads, or it can then forget it, causing
the need to re-download if you want to look at the message again.
And some MUAs download all messages eagerly (i.e. before you even try to
look at them).

        Stefan