Re: Frustration with gud (gdb)

From: Christian Henz
Subject: Re: Frustration with gud (gdb)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 23:57:02 +0100

> I have my source window, and Input/Output window showing. I can't get to gdb
> buffer, if I try to switch to it, I get:
>
> Can't switch buffers in a dedicated window

I have recently switched to Emacs 24, and this bothered me as well. But it
seems that when you start GDB with "gud-gdb" instead of "gdb", you get the
familiar combined buffer *without* any dedicated windows.

Also, you can programatically "un-dedicate" a window. Unfortunately there is no
interactive function provided for this, but it is easy to write yourself or
find online (first search result:
https://github.com/statico/dotfiles/blob/master/.emacs.d/elisp/toggle-current-window-dedication.el).

Cheers,
Christian