Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window

From: trygve . flathen
Subject: Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 07:58:05 -0800 (PST)

kl. 14:26:37 UTC+1 lørdag 8. mars 2014 skrev Eli Zaretskii følgende:
> Can you please clarify what focus change you'd like to avoid, exactly?
> I couldn't understand that from your original message.  When a frame
> created by emacsclient is deleted, that frame no longer exists, so
> it's not clear to me how could Emacs _not_ switch the focus to some
> other frame.

That's right, the problem is _which_ other frame.

Example:
- I start with two windows: a terminal and an emacsclient for some file named
foo that I started yesterday. The emacsclient is minimized and the terminal has
focus.
- I do "emacsclient -c /tmp/bar". A second emacsclient window is created and
focused.
- I do my work, save the bar file, and do C-x #. The bar window disappears.

What I now want: terminal gets the focus back.
What actually happens: The foo emacsclient is raised and gets focus.

In fact, another emacs window is always focused when I close an emacsclient,
regardless of what the focus stack was when I closed it.

Usually when a window is closed, focus is returned to whatever had focus
immediately before the now closed window got focus.

Hope that cleared it up a bit.

-Trygve