Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 01:30:01 +0100

> OTOH, when I start up with emacs -Q --daemon, and follow the recipe, I
> see what trygve.flathen sees.

For that second case, I tried debug-on-entry
`select-frame-set-input-focus' before hitting C-x #.  Something very
interesting happened: The focus was given back to my xterm, and a
debugger in Emacs popped up with the following content:

Debugger entered--entering a function:
* select-frame-set-input-focus(#<frame emacs@drachen 0x12d3ef0>)
  server-switch-buffer(#<buffer test.txt> t)
  server-switch-buffer(nil t)
  apply(server-switch-buffer (nil t))
  server-edit(nil)
  call-interactively(server-edit nil nil)
  command-execute(server-edit)

And this `select-frame-set-input-focus' obviously moves focus back to
Emacs.  Dunno if it's intended.

Regards,

Michael.