Re: replacing a function with another one

From: lee
Subject: Re: replacing a function with another one
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:45:41 +0100

> lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:
>>
>> (defadvice hi-lock-set-file-patterns (after
>> lsl-hi-lock-set-file-patterns-advice activate)
>>   (setq hi-lock-interactive-patterns (ad-get-arg 0)))
>
>> How would I do the same with add-advice (or whatever is appropriate)?
>
> (advice-add
>  'hi-lock-set-file-patterns :after
>  (lambda (patterns)
>    (setq hi-lock-interactive-patterns patterns)))
>
> You can also give the piece of advice a name like in defadvice:

I think I start to understand :)  You are creating an anonymous function
and attach it to hi-lock-set-file-patterns so it runs after it.

What are the equivalents of ad-deactivate and ad-activate with
advice-add?  I only found advice-add and advice-remove.  Is it possible
that an advice adds and removes itself instead of activating and
deactivating itself?

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.