Changing the SMTP port

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Changing the SMTP port
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 23:10:53 +0000

I recently switched from Emacs 23 to Emacs 24.3.  Message now uses the
Auth-Source library instead of smtp-auth-credentials.

How is the server port supposed to be specified now?  It used to be in
smtp-auth-credentials.  The entry in .authinfo is "25" if I change that
then whenever I send an email I'm prompted for a username and password
and Emacs puts another entry in .authinfo with 25 for the port number.

BR,
Robert Thorpe