Re: replacing a function with another one

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: replacing a function with another one
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 02:45:57 +0100

> If you want such automatic saving, we would just have to substitute the
> dir local variable with a mechanism that loads and saves explicitly.  Is
> this what you want?

I've created an example implementation:

You can specify the pattern save file in the local variables
section at the end of a file, but before a hi-lock mode specification,
like here:

Local Variables:
hi-lock-patterns-file: "patterns.txt"
mode: hi-lock
End:

Several files can share one pattern file.  The example completely
substitutes file local patterns, if you want to use them at the same
time, it will become more complicated.  If you don't bind
`hi-lock-patterns-file', the behavior is like before.

Regards,

Michael.