Re: Intelligently opening large files in emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Intelligently opening large files in emacs
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:55:54 +0200

> From: Dushyant Juneja <juneja.dushyant@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:21:16 +0530
>
> My question hence is, is there a way to integrate find-file-literally in a
> way that emacs automatically opens large files using this function, and the
> smaller files using the usual find-file.

Why not just open every file with find-file-literally?

If that loses something, then how come you are prepared to lose that
for files larger than some arbitrary threshold, but not for smaller
files?

IOW, the size of the file usually says nothing about its contents or
the mode in which you'd like to visit that file.  So doing this based
on size alone sounds like not a good idea to me.