Re: How to get a list of all commands with given prefix?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: How to get a list of all commands with given prefix?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 23:46:00 +0530

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> I wonder how I can easily get a list of all interactive commands with a
> given prefix 'foo-' in a program (non-interactively)?

If you are adventurous you can use the completion mechanism to give the
shortlisted candidates for you.  You have to fill in the holes yourself.

If you are having very recent Emacs, experiment with

   M-x icomplete-mode

`completion-category-overrides' is a good place to get an idea what sort
of "shortlisting" that completion mechanism offer by default.

Take a look at icomplete.el, minibuffer.el.

These are only pointers.  You can fill in the details on your own.