emacs, jumping to relative file locations in compiler output.

From: glen stark
Subject: emacs, jumping to relative file locations in compiler output.
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:14:57 GMT

In the company I'm working for, the build system is set up to cd in
various directories, and the call make.    When a compiler error is
returned, it is of the form:

In file included from ../../../../include/whatever.h:33:0

emacs is then unable to determine where to look for the file in question.

Changing out build system is big project, but I'd like to be able to jump
around to compiler errors in emacs.  In practice I know what path I
should substitute for "../../../../"

Is there someway I can tell emacs to regex substitute a fixed path for a
string of the form "../../"?

Is there an alternative solution to my problem (that doesn't mean
modifying the build system :) ).

Many thanks,

Glen