Removing split window on start up

From: Dimech, Chris
Subject: Removing split window on start up
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:46:36 +0000

using

emacs file

I get the screen split in two, top windor has listing of file, the bottom one
has
details about emacs.

When doing just emacs, I would like to have the startup screen, splash screen
but want only to display my file when using emacs file, ow when I open a file
using the right hand mouse buttom and opening it in emacs.

How can I remove the split screen when I liad a file from the .emacs file

I want to keep the startup splash screen but not split the screen with both my
file
and the splash screen, unless a file is not selected

Christopher
This email and any accompanying attachments are confidential. If you received
this email by mistake, please delete
it from your system. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the email by others is strictly prohibited.