Re: Learning "my emacs" from the start (was: Generating a listing of all

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: Learning "my emacs" from the start (was: Generating a listing of all symbols)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:12:43 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't the bandwidth to respond to all the comments, and don't want to waste
yours either, but thanks to all for the valuable advice.

Just to clarify, I'm not planning on doing all my learning by just exploring my
list of functions etc. I'm looking at the A-B diff's more so than the whole
collection, the idea is to be able to see in one place what **changes** these
"better default" packages make to the vanilla settings, and to enable me to
systematically compare them to each other.

"Test-driving" them and trying to understand their source code are of course
also part of the process.

My goal isn't to flatten the "usage" learning curve, but to help me climb the
"customizing" one faster - and the process of putting code together and diving
into emacs' internals is all part of that. I also didn't mean to put so much
focus on the keybindings issue, just that's why I'm holding off on the hands-on
usage for the moment until I've got a good set in mind, checking out the
various key popular packages bundled in these "out of the box" starter kits is
also part of the project.