Re: tutorial for rmail and IMAP

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: tutorial for rmail and IMAP
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:03:26 +0100

On 4/26/14, Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:
> James Freer <jessejazza3.uk@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 4/23/14, Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:
>>> Sam Halliday <sam.halliday@gmail.com> writes:
>>>
>>> * Gmail.
>>> People have told me that gmail has some wierd limitation on the number
>>> of IMAP logins you can do with them per day.  I don't use it so I don't
>>> know.
>> I have used gmail since 2007 and have had no problems logging in. I
>> use google docs as well and Chromium - so I login many times per day.
>>
>> I couldn't get rmail or gnus to work for me and use Alpine.
>
> There are limitations though.  Google describe them here:
> https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071518?hl=en
> https://support.google.com/a/answer/2751577
>
> You may hit them if you configure Emacs tools in certain ways.
>
> BR,
> Robert Thorpe

Thanks you are right... I've not noticed any problems. I must say
though that I use gmail's web UI and Alpine remotely. So with the size
of my mailbox I should have had problems.... but none. Using xubuntu
and installing each 6 month release i have found using alpine remotely
saves downloading all mail headers for an install and yet each time I
use it that's exactly what it does.

james