Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: Helm (and?) or Icicles (possibly using Evil)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 04:06:24 -0700 (PDT)

@Michael Heerdegen

Thanks so much for that straightforward feedback.

Purely functional speed in daily use isn't so important to me at the moment,
nor difficulty in figuring out the package itself.

However info-mode does seem critical in my approach to learning, so perhaps
icicles is the first one to get familiar with.

Your comment that you don't recommend either for emacs noobs - is that because
it will stop me learning the stock vanilla ways of completion or simply because
of the difficulties inherent in getting to know these complex packages?

Or something else perhaps more relevant to my situation?