Re: Independent differently-configured instances running concurrently

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: Independent differently-configured instances running concurrently
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:12:04 -0700 (PDT)

@W. Greenhouse

Thanks for the details about the daemon; is there any benefit beyond reducing
startup time?

I'm sure I'll put it to use for my evolving "production" setup once I'm
actually using emacs.

> I don't normally use multiple instances, because I find it more convenient to
> have kill ring/command history/buffers shared and available from any of my
> emacsclients, but sometimes when testing a new configuration I will start up
> a second daemon

Well pretty much all I'm doing is testing configuration stuff ATM. Not sure
what the benefit would be of having multiple daemons running?

I assume if I change a given config I'd need to kill that daemon-instance as
well as any client frames to see the effects.

> Most importantly, use Emacs. This is the best way to learn. :)

Thanks, will do - once I've settled on keybindings that suit me. . .