Re: ruby-mode interpolated quotes error

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: ruby-mode interpolated quotes error
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 17:13:45 -0600

Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
> Sometimes ruby-mode incorrectly highlights the double quotes containing an
> interpolated string.
>
> Screenshot:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/SEyMKZ4.png

Thank you for sending a URL to the image rather than the image
attached!  Much smaller and much easier on the mailing lists!

> Specifically, the initial double quote on line 46 should be colored yellow,
> like the end double quote, and the single quoted string above.
>
> Anyone else experience this?

I have seen something similar but slightly different.  I don't have a
solution.  It hasn't been enough of an itch for me to dig into it.
But I will add that it is related to the parsing of the '#{...}' in
the string.

  "abc#{def}ghi"

In the above the 'c' character before the '#' is in the incorrect
face.  This is what I see.

  "ab       quoted string face
  c#{def}   variable face
  ghi"      quoted string face

The #{...} construct causes the character immediately preceding the
'#' to be colored in the variable face color.

I notice that you have posted a slightly different set of colors.  I
assume this is simply differences in color maps or different themes
between our displays.

I am using Debian Unstable emacs 24.3.1.  Everything is stock.  I see
the problem I described when invoked as "emacs -Q".

Bob