Re: elisp code for replacing every other occurence in a line?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: elisp code for replacing every other occurence in a line?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 21:43:16 +0100

Frank Stutzman <stutzman@cat2.kjsl.com> writes:

> Nevermind....
>
> It took quite a while to get my brain into elisp mode.  Once that happened I
> realized that my solution was write there on the help page for replace-string.
> Right there where it says you probably don't want to use replace-string.
> Pretty much the only real change I had to do was to use the COUNT option on
> search-forward.

You don't necessarily have to write any elisp at all for things like
this.  If you can use replace-string or search-forward then you can use
a macro.  Start recording with F3, do the search and replaces with
something like M-% then finish with F4.  Then do M-x insert-kbd-macro
and it'll give you a bit of elisp code.  You can turn that into a defun
and put into your init file if you want to.

BR,
Robert Thorpe