Re: How to properly load AUCTeX for Emacs 23+

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: How to properly load AUCTeX for Emacs 23+
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:09:38 +0200

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com> writes:

Hi Sebastien,

> Trying to make the smallest Emacs configuration needed for editing
> LaTeX with AUCTeX (which has to work as well for Emacs 23)

Your snippets indicate that you are using AUCTeX from ELPA.  In this
case, the smallest (and strongly recommended) configuration to load
AUCTeX properly is to have no configuration at all.

I've just created a new test user on my machine, fired up a fresh emacs
with it, installed auctex 11.87.4, and then edited a new tex file.
AUCTeX was loaded successfully and used in the resulting buffer, and
preview was also there (though I didn't test it because I just had a
terminal session).

Bye,
Tassilo