Re: Frustrated with Font issues

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: Frustrated with Font issues
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:17:46 -0400

I'm not sure what you mean by "have the same font set," particularly in
response to Pascal's comments re: the difference between set-frame-font and
M-x menu-set-font

I have the following in my .emacs:
(set-frame-font "Ubuntu Mono-13")

I can put any font on my system in place of Ubuntu Mono, be it monospaced,
variable pitch, or some nonsense like "Symbol". There is no "set" to choose
from.

Are you perhaps trying to say that a given font looks different in emacs
compared to how it looks in other applications?