Re: Overriding some face attributes without changing the default(s) one(

From: Alexandre LAURENT
Subject: Re: Overriding some face attributes without changing the default(s) one(s)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 01:09:09 +0200

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:
> Just configure the face to use the bold attribute, and leave all other
> attributes emtpy.

Well, weird because that's exactly what I did but maybe not the right way.
In my case, I configure this face in a theme like this:

(custom-theme-set-faces
 'monokai-nox
;; ...
'(whitespace-line ((t (:weight bold))))
;; ...
)
If I open a C file, for each long line, the whole line still uses the
default whitespace-line face + bold (which prevents the syntax
highlighting)

> What you want works well for me without doing anything special.  The
> `whitespace-line' face is "merged" with the normal font locking, and I
> see the colors from syntax highlighting, but in bold for long lines.

Good to know, I'm going to test with an empty emacs config + the
configuration of the whitespace-line face.

> I'm not completely sure if that works in older Emacs version.
I'm using emacs 24.3.1 so this should work I suppose.

Thanks,

--
Alexandre LAURENT