Re: Suppress user-prompting when calling commands in programs

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: Suppress user-prompting when calling commands in programs
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:49:27 +0200

>> Indeed, the prompting should normally take place in the `interactive'
>> spec, but the above is sadly pretty common.
>
> File a code bug / enhancement request for `foo'...

Well, I don't want to be PITA, and there are quite some examples for
this e.g. in Org-mode (thats why most Org commands are directly bound to
keys without having to deal with function args)...

To me this looks more like a 'political decision' from upstream (don't
do this, its not acceptable, and fix it when you have done it) than like
a bug report.

> Sure there is.  If `bar' is a dynamic variable, at least.

[...]

> None of this is pretty.  But it's not complicated either.  And yes,
> the `foo' code should be rewritten in one of the ways already
> suggested (file a bug).

Pretty or not, thanks for the working and easy-to-digest recipe, very
helpful!

--
cheers,
Thorsten