Re: emacs24-nox - tool bar

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: emacs24-nox - tool bar
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:31:21 +0100

On 29/06/2014, James Freer <jessejazza3.uk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought I'd try the nox version and found that the tool bar didn't
> disappear
> with the following statement which i'd used in the gui/-nw version.
> (tool-bar-mode -1)
>
> Is there a reason for this... or is one better to stick with the gui
> version?
> having only just started using emacs I have found the console more to my
> liking
> and it does appear to be quicker.
>
> thanks
> james

Sorry should have done the following
emacs --debug-init as this was the result

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function tool-bar-mode)
  (tool-bar-mode -1)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/home/james/.emacs" nil t)  ;
Reading at buff$
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/james/.emacs" "/home/james/.emacs" t t)
  load("~/.emacs" t t)
  #[0 "^H\205\262^@     \306=\203^Q^@\307^H\310Q\202;^@
\311=\204^^^@\307^H\312Q\2$
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

If (tool-bar-mode -1) is just commented out emacs loads ok but I want
to get rid of the tool bar.

james