Re: regular expression

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: regular expression
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 08:14:30 +0900 (JST)

> > I think a work flow from (re-builder) to (query-replace-regexp) should
> > be by default in Emacs.
>
> Maybe the right way to do it is to integrate re-builder into isearch
> (when searching with a regexp), to benefit from the existing work flow
> from isearch to query-replace.

A window dedicated for re-builder can be regarded as mini buffer.

With following setup, it is almost similar to isearch with regexp.
(define-key reb-mode-map (kbd "C-s") 'reb-next-match)
(define-key reb-mode-map (kbd "C-r") 'reb-prev-match)
(define-key reb-mode-map (kbd "C-g") 'reb-quit)
(define-key reb-mode-map (kbd "<return>") 'my-query-replace-regexp)

Minor concern is re-builder looks from beginning of current buffer
instead from where the point is.

I think to bind re-builder to "C-M-s" is a good idea, although coding
is beyond my capability.