Re: Title: Unable to create key binding.

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Title: Unable to create key binding.
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 20:30:19 +0200

Hoe-Phuan Ng <avtinc2000@gmail.com> writes:

> *Title: Unable to create key binding.*
>
> Hello All:
>
> Below is the code for node.js REPL ( see below ).
>
> I was not able to use the key bindings.
>
> I got “Undefined … “ response from emacs.
>

>  However, I was able to run commands like this:
>
> M-x run-js and M-x js-send-last-sexp
>

>  When I ran command, C-h b, I see these key bindings:
>
> C-c & C-s yas-insert-snippet
>

>  C-c C-r comint-show-output
>
> C-c C-s comint-write-output
>

>  Questions:
>
> Q1: from command, C-h b, kkey bindings list as shown above, what is the
> difference between
>
> C-c & C-s and C-c C-s ?

For the former, you must press Control and type c, type &, press Control
and type s, while for the later, you just press Control and type c, and
press Control and type s.

>  Q2: Are the existing key bindings conflict with the key bindings show in
> code below?

You should better ask this question to emacs itself!
For example, in this buffer:

    (some (lambda (key) (key-binding key))
          (list (kbd "\C-c\C-c") (kbd "\C-c\C-r")
                (kbd "\C-c\C-s") (kbd "\C-c\C-z")))
    --> message-send-and-exit

>  Q3: What to do now?

Whatever you want.  Key binding are up to the user to customize just
like she wants!

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/