Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS

From: solidius4747
Subject: Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 09:48:45 -0700 (PDT)

Vào 22:15:45 UTC+7 Thứ ba, ngày 08 tháng bảy năm 2014, Emanuel Berg đã viết:
> solidius4747@gmail.com writes:
>

> >> I wouldn't call that tutorial "mini"!
>

> > It's mini relative to size of the official manuals.
>

> OK, again, I read an age-old one. That was perhaps 200
>
> pages. Perhaps the more recent ones are huge. That
>
> would certainly reflect the scope. I'll get one, if I
>
> can...
>

> But the word "mini", you tend to think of something
>
> small. The Persian miniatures. A minibike. OK, a
>
> minibike is relative a normal bike. But it is still
>
> small :)
>

> Seriously, you wrote it, you name it - even Linus
>
> Torvalds is fine with distros calling it GNU/Linux. I
>
> guess he was just born that generous... ;)
>

> --
>
> underground experts united

The current Elisp manual is over 1000 pages long:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/pdf/elisp.pdf . Mine is over 100
pages long in PDF, so I think it's safe to call it mini.

As for the Emacs Manual, it is currently over 600 pages long:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/pdf/emacs.pdf . Mine is over 43 pages
long. I also cover how to install and the issue with Capslock/Control, and how
to swap the two to get a better Emacs experience (and other things that use
Control in general).