RE: run-with-timer does not display message

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: run-with-timer does not display message
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:37:03 -0700 (PDT)

> >> In Emacs, there is nothing "just" about "clicking" a mouse button. :P
> >
> > Nonsense.  It all depends what you are doing at the time, and whether
> > you use a mouse at all.  Users and use cases differ.
>
> Erm... Note smiley... Apologies if I offended you, I was just making a
> joke.

You don't offend me.  You mislead other Emacs users.  It's good to let
users know of alternative behaviors, regardless of whether or when you
or I might prefer to use them.

It is important that there is not just one Emacs Way.
In-Emacs-we-don't-use-a-mouse is not the right message, IMO.
Even - or especially - when passed off as a snarky joke.

FWIW: Had you written "Click mouse-1 in the echo area" I would likely
have added "Or just use `C-h e'".  It is good to know about both
alternatives - each can be useful.