a dark theme?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: a dark theme?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:53:35 +0100

I'm hoping that someone can advise me, I'm looking for a theme to use
with emacs and gnus which has a dark background, but also allows me to
read all the text in a gmail which currently appears as nearly-white on
a slightly-grey background.

I've recently been using  aalto-dark, aalto-light, adwaita, alect-black-alt,
tsdh-dark and all have failed the gmail test. I'm currently using tango,
which is the complete reverse of what I'm looking for.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1