Re: a dark theme?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: a dark theme?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 01:49:42 +0100

> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:
>
>> Gnus.
>>
>> But the problem has now been solved, and it works
>> with whatever theme I use.
>
> Well, of course it is good that the problem is solved
> but that doesn't mean you can't elaborate so we learn
> even more. You use Gnus but not only to access a gmail
> account (like in retrieve from a mail server) but it
> also conveys a gmail interface, in which the standard
> gnus- and message- faces aren't in effect? To me that
> sounds backwards because to me Rmail and later Gnus
> were very appreciated ways (orgasmic even) to never
> have to deal with mouse- and browser-based
> web-interfaces... and that's just part of it.

Yes I use Gnus, but I'm still learning about it and tweaking it to get
better performance. There is =no= "gmail interface", just downloading
From gmail servers like this in my .gnus
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")
                                      (nnimap "gmail"     (nnimap-address
"imap.gmail.com")))
                                          gnus-select-method '(nnnil "")
and it auto-creates its own mail folders to mirror the source
gmail. Then its just treated like any other email.

But this is the "killer-code" which makes it possible to read emails
From gmail -
;; from Tassilo Horn, 17/7/14
  (setq shr-color-visible-distance-min 10
        shr-color-visible-luminance-min 60)

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1