Re: a dark theme?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: a dark theme?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:33:23 +0200

Hi Emanuel,

>> But the problem has now been solved, and it works
>> with whatever theme I use.
>
> Well, of course it is good that the problem is solved
> but that doesn't mean you can't elaborate so we learn
> even more.

That's the problem: he received HTML mail from his gmail account, and
Gnus HTML renderer SHR chose font colors with a too low contrast
(probably because "good" colors were declared in CSS which SHR doesn't
parse AFAIK).

So it has nothing to do with gmail the service, gmail the web interface,
or an emacs browser in combination with the web interface.  It just
happened that he received HTML mail from his gmail account and thus
thought the problem might be gmail related.

I've already said that in an earlier message where I provided the
"killer-code".

Bye,
Tassilo