Re: Emacs hangs with 100pc CPU during query-replace

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs hangs with 100pc CPU during query-replace
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 13:33:54 +0300

> From: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:06:14 +0200
>
> 1. emacs -Q
>
> 2. M-x find-file instruments.org (content posted below)
>
> 3. M-% resource_id RET name RET
>
> 4. hit space quickly (-> accept) until Emacs hangs (100pc CPU)

It doesn't hang with today's trunk and the version of Org in the Emacs
trunk.

So I think you should take this up with the Org developers first.  If
they conclude that there's some core Emacs problem here, I suggest to
file a bug report with a reproducible recipe, preferably using only
the Emacs trunk files.