Re: Feeling lost without tabs

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: Feeling lost without tabs
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 21:08:12 -0400

> but it is interesting that at least three so alike solutions to do
> more or less the same thing are shipped with Emacs. Not that I mind,
> let a thousand flowers bloom... But normally you don't see that.

Not part of Emacs, but after trying many options, I have happily settled
on using Helm[1] (formally Anything) for completions. For buffers there
is helm-buffers-list[2]. Here is a wiki to show you what Helm can do[3].

Charles

Footnotes:
[1] https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm

[2] https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/wiki#helmforbuffers

[3] https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/wiki

--
"Whip me.  Beat me.  Make me maintain AIX."
(By Stephan Zielinski)