Re: dynamic and lexical scope, attempted summary with example

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: dynamic and lexical scope, attempted summary with example
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:36:26 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnu.org> writes:

> I find ‘(format "%s%s" A B)’ unbeautiful, personally.

OK, how would you do it?

> I think using terms "insert" and "hard-coded" is
> confusing in this context.  Also, "eliminated" is
> imprecise and thus misleading.  To bake a cake, do
> you eliminate the flour?

But you understand it, right? I mean, what I mean?

The result of the _insertion_ of literal values at the
places of the parameters, will result in a function
that don't use variables (dynamic or lexical) but
_hard-coded_ values - that issue is _eliminated_.

Do you think it is correct in terms of technology?

Nevertheless, I would be interesting to hear if you
have a better way of putting it, as I happen to know
you are the only "Emacs beatnik" around?

--
underground experts united