Re: Feeling lost without tabs

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Feeling lost without tabs
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:05:26 -0600

Dan Espen wrote:
> Bob Proulx writes:
> > I assume electric-buffer-list came first and buffer-menu
> > duplicated the behavior since I have been using
> > electric-buffer-list for a very many years and had not ever heard
> > of buffer-menu before?  That is my assumption until I learn
> > otherwise.
>
> buffer menu first.

Hmm...  I remain cautiously suspicious.  :-)

> I think you'll find it's the default binding.

No.  The default binding for C-x C-b is list-buffers.  I am using the
current Debian Sid Unstable version.  The GNU upstream may have
changed it very recently but if so that hasn't trickled down yet.

  emacs -Q
  C-h c C-x C-b
  C-x C-b runs the command list-buffers

  M-x emacs-version
  GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2) of 2014-06-06 on
barber, modified by Debian

> Something that should have changed a long time ago.

I would agree but as far as I can see it hasn't changed.

Bob